What exactly is a Speakers Bureau?
It’s a free community service that offers a variety of Underwood’s health care professionals who will speak to groups on topics such as heart disease or nutrition.
Why choose an Underwood health care professional?
Underwood’s professionals are passionate about helping others and bring wisdom, expertise, and knowledge to each seminar.
What are some topics for discussion?
Topics include but are not limited to:
- Women’s Health
- Heart Health
- Diabetes Wellness Management
- Cancer Risk Factors
- Medication Safety
- Sleep and Breathing Disorders
- Fall Prevention
- Healthy Eating
Professionals from Underwood can be requested for: health fairs; presentations to schools; other health providers; community, social and civic organizations; churches, and senior citizen groups.
What are the guidelines?
· Length of presentations should be 30 minutes to one hour.
· Once the speaker is confirmed by the Communications department, the organization’s contact person is required to directly contact the professional regarding the event.
· The contact person must be available to greet and introduce the speaker on the day of the event.
· Out of courtesy to our professionals, please give us 48 hours’ notice if your event is cancelled.
· There is no fee for the speaker. However, if you are requesting the speaker for a business, a donation to the hospital would be welcomed.
Please review Underwood’s list of topics to determine which topic is right for your event. Every effort will be made to accommodate your request.