If you’re concerned about your heart health, don’t wait. Call and make an appointment today to see one of the Underwood Cardiology physicians: 856-845-6807.
For a complete listing of all physicians at Underwood, please click here.
Please bring the following to your appointment:
- A referral from your primary care physician, if your insurance requires it.
- A list of your medications and allergies.
- Your health insurance card.
If you are scheduled for an exercise stress test
- Bring a prescription from the doctor ordering the test.
- Bring shorts/jogging pants, running shoes and a bottle of water.
- Do not have a heavy meal within two hours before the test but do have a snack one hour before such as soup, juice, fruit or granola bar.
Before you go to your appointment
- When you make an appointment, ask if there’s anything you need to do in advance, such as restrict your diet. For a cholesterol test, for example, you may need to fast for a period of time beforehand.
- Write down any symptoms you’re experiencing, including any that may seem unrelated to heart disease.
- Sometimes it can be difficult to soak up all the information provided during your appointment, so take a family member or friend to help.
- Write down questions to ask your doctor. For example:
- What is likely causing my symptoms or condition?
- What are other possible causes for my symptoms or condition?
- What kinds of tests will I need?
- What’s the best treatment?
- What foods should I eat or avoid?
- What’s an appropriate level of physical activity?
- How often should I be screened for heart disease? For example, how often do I need a cholesterol test?
- I have other health conditions. How can I best manage them together?